Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy Hour



I love my wine, can't get through a week without it...especially after not drinking for 9 months. It is so nice now to have a few glasses! I don't discriminate. I really love white and red wine but during the hot and humid summers there is nothing better than a chilled glass of white wine. I used to be a pinot grigio kind of girl but I am trying to branch out and try some new white wines. Last night we bought 4 bottles of sauvignon blanc and had a wine tasting. Our two favorites were Cupcake Sauvignon Blanc and Steelehead Sauvignon Blanc. Steelehead was by far everyone's favorite with Cupcake close behind. And I'll be honest we chose the wines by the look of the bottle, don't you love a beautiful label on a bottle! The Steelehead was a perfect choice for the beach with the fish on the label. They are both crisp and refreshing, perfect for the summer and the best part is that they are both under $15! If anybody has a favorite wine I should try please let me know!

3 comments:

California Wife said...

My favorites are Kim Crawford's Sauvignon Blanc (Australian I believe), and Charles Krug Sauvignon Blanc! I used to be a Pinot Grigio girl too, but now I'm Sauvignon Blancs all the way!

GiGi said...

as far as whites go, I second the Kim Crawford-and if you are ever in the mood for a Chard, Rombauer makes an INSANE Chard.

The Daily Stroll said...

I just had the Cupcake a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was really good. I will have to try the Steelehead. I am a label girl too! Ha! I bought a Chardonnay called Mad Housewife the other day because I liked the label! ;) I thought it would be perfect for a girl's night.