Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tasty Thursday- TURKEY MEATLOAF WITH FETA AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES






The recipe this week comes compliments of my girl Giada De Laurentis's new cookbook Giada at Home. I love Giada I watch her every Saturday on the foodnetwork. I feel like I know her and Todd and baby Jade because I watch her show so often:) I own all of her cookbooks and her recipes never disappoint and this one is no exception. I was worried about what Matt would think when I made this, because he is a red meat man. Normally any dish made with turkey he deems not filling or lame. However he actually liked this meatloaf! It was super easy to make and full of great flavor. The only thing I might change next time I make this is to add a sauce to the meatloaf, it is fine without it but we are sauce people. Enjoy!

TURKEY MEATLOAF WITH FETA AND SUN DRIED TOMATOES

-1/2 CUP PLAIN DRIED BREADCRUMBS
-1/3 CUP CHOPPED FLAT PARSLEY LEAVES
-1/4 CUP CHOPPED SUN DRIED TOMATOES IN OIL
-2 GARLIC CLOVES MINCED
-2 LARGE EGGS AT ROOM TEMPERATURE, LIGHTLY BEATEN
-1/4 CUP OLIVE OIL
-1/2 CUP CRUMBLED FETA CHEESE
-1 1/2 TEASPOONS SALT
-1 TEASPOON FRESH GROUND PEPPER
-1 POUND GROUND TURKEY (GIADA CALLS FOR DARK MEAT, I USED LIGHT)

PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREES AND SPRAY A 9X5 INCH LOAF PAN WITH COOKING SPRAY.

IN A LARGE BOWL STIR TOGETHER THE BREAD CRUMBS, PARSLEY, SUN DRIED TOMATOES, GARLIC, EGGS, OLIVE OIL, FETA, SALT AND PEPPER. ADD THE TURKEY AND GENTLY STIR TO COMBINE BEING CAREFUL NOT TO OVERWORK THE MEAT. CAREFULLY PACK THE MEAT INTO THE PREPARED PAN. BAKE ABOUT 40-45 MINUTES OR UNTIL INTERNAL TEMPERATURE IS 165 DEGREES.

REMOVE FROM OVEN AND LET SIT 5 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I am a new blogger too!! I am looking for a yummy turkey meatloaf. Thanks