Monday, February 2, 2015

Double Duty Outfit || Work and Play

Work Clothes can be hard.  My sister often comes to me for advice on what to wear to work.  I like pieces that you can wear for work and still look cute if you go out after work for drinks or pieces you can mix in with your weekend wardrobe.  My sister still wants to look cute for work but not spend a ton of money on boring clothes that she can't wear outside of work.

I don't work a 9-5 job but I do occasionally have meetings with companies where I want to want look pulled together and not in my ripped jeans (which I am usually in on a daily basis).
This is a look I pulled together that I think could be business casual but also cute for running around town.  All three pieces are great staple pieces you can mix in your wardrobe to wear a million different ways.




I think as women it is hard to find dress pants that fit well and are flattering.  The pants I am wearing rock.  The name really says it all, they are called the Wonder Stretch Slim Pants.  Ladies, they have no zipper or pockets so they are seamless and they stretch to fit your body.  Seriously,  so comfortable too.
I wanted to show the waist band and how they fit.  For those curious I am 5'9 and wearing the size 4.   They run TTS, they do hit a bit short on me because of my height but actually like the length.


They also come in this gorgeous mushroom color.  I ordered both:)
I love that they are seamless and a tailored fit. Perfect for work or play.


I want the tank in all 4 colors.  It is great because it is a thicker material and longer.  I love long tanks for layering under sweaters.  This one is cute alone too.  I am wearing a size small.
You can't go wrong with a great white tank.

The tank also comes in brown, midnight, and ash.
Love the idea of the midnight color paired with white jeans.


I live in this cardigan.  I like that the back is sheer for a slightly edgy look.  It comes in 5 colors.  I want to buy the black next but I fell in love with the light brown color I am wearing.  It is nice because the fit is loose and it is long enough to wear with leggings too.

I think a white blouse is always a good item to have in your closet.  Love it with jeans for play or tailored pants for a sleek professional look.  I love the cuffs and neckline on this one.

I also like the idea of cute jacket.  This one would be perfect for work and then so cute with a tee, jeans, and heels for a night out.  It reminds me of Chanel or Rebecca Taylor but way less:)

One last look at my outfit.
You can shop my whole look below.





A few of my other favorites from the Nic + Zoe line carried at Nordstrom that would be great for work or play.  Nordstrom is great because they always offer free shipping and returns and don't forget they price match now too!  I just ordered a Rag and Bone dress and they matched the price where I found it cheaper!




Thanks to Nordstrom for sponsoring this post, all thoughts and outfit choices are my own always.



5 comments:

Jessica said...

I absolutely LOVE this post! Please do more work ideas. You have great style, and this working mama needs help and inspiration!

All Things Big and Small said...

Super cute! I am going to share this with my sister--she is always looking for comfortable yet dressy clothes work! Beautiful pictures!

Christina said...

ooh i like these outfits a lot! i just bought a cardigan like that.

Meghan at Champagne & Suburbs said...

I love this outfit! I seriously am struggling with outfits, so this is perfect. xo

designchic said...

What a great look- chic and casual…perfect combination!