Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Kale + Chickpea Caprese Salad


Now that the weather is warmer, I am all about some Summer Salads.  This salad takes like 5 minutes to toss together.  Super easy but it is so yummy and fresh.  If you have time make your own pesto it is always better.  I was lazy and used store bought though and it was still really good.  Fresh tomatoes are key.  For this salad I recommend the lacindo kale (the kind that is not curly).  It shreds perfectly for this salad.  Since kale is a bit sturdier this will save in your fridge for about 2 days, although it is best the first day.  Perfect for a Summer alfresco dinner!
Enjoy!


|| K A L E  + C H I C K P E A  C A P R E S E  S A L A D ||

- 1 bunch lacindo kale
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1 container small fresh mozzarella balls
- 1 container pesto
- handful shredded fresh basil

Shred the kale into thin strips.  Place in a bowl with cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and chick peas.  Coat with the pesto and toss all together!  You may not need the whole container of pesto, just depends how much pesto you want on your salad:)




9 comments:

Nickie said...

Yummy!! I here by dub you Salad Queen!! ;)

Sharon said...

Looks so good!

Jennifer said...

yum! what's your technique for shredding your kale?

natasha {schue love} said...

Looks amazing! We love the Tuscan kale salad so I am sure we would love this too! ;)

BLovedBoston said...

This looks like the perfect summer salad! Thanks for sharing girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

Christina said...

What kind of store bought pesto do you like? They're so hit and miss. I haven't found one that I really LOVE yet.

Jenny Rackers said...

So glad I found your blog! I'm obsessed with your style, recipes, etc!!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

This looks delicious! Next time I make caprese I'll add chickpeas!

Michelle said...

This looks delicious!