Friday, August 21, 2015

Thoughts For Friday

Happy Friday and TGIF.  This has been a super long week.  With Sterling starting school back our days have been starting a lot earlier (like 5:30 am early).  I am a morning person for sure but getting up an hour earlier than I normally do has been an adjustment.  I am trying to get into a routine and get used to our new schedule but it takes time. What am loving is since I drop Sterling off so early I can accomplish so much in the morning afterwards.  I am usually done grocery shopping by 8:15!

I snapped this picture Monday morning before we took him to his first day of kindergarten.  He looks so grown up to me. I am happy to report he loves school and his class.  He even came home yesterday and said his new school was way more fun than his old school:)


We had a lot of work done to our dining room last week.  I wanted to share a sneak peek of the progress so far.  We had the bead-board ripped out and sheet rock installed, the room painted Decorators White and the hutch/Buffet was painted Coventry Gray with new hardware.  More updates to come as the other pieces arrive.  The Minted Ocean artwork is one of my favorite parts of the room.

I just picked up one of these beauties to go in the corner. Now to find a pot.

One of my favorite Alice and Olivia Dresses was just reduced to 40% off.

I finally made homemade zucchini fries.  They were so darn good and the kids gobbled them up.  We dipped ours in Rao's Marinera.


New obsession in the morning and at night this this Thin Tea Detox Tea.  It is all natural and caffeine free.  I love the little spoon it comes with to steep your tea.  I swear it helps with bloating.


I just started reading Jennifer Weiner's New Book, Who do You Love and I am really liking it so far.


Just ordered these shoes.  Pretty excited about packing them next week for NYC.  They also come in a taller wedge version that is gorgeous.


Since Sterling has been in school I have had lots of one on one time with Frances this week.  I have loved every minute but man I forgot how hard this age is. She is so busy and non-stop!!

I saw this girl at the Apple store this week wearing these leggings.  I imediaelty asked her where they were from.  Honestly I thought they were thew new Mara Hoffman active or Lululemon.  When she told me they were Target, juniors section I was shocked!!  I tried to order my size but it was sold out so I am off to the store to find a pair!
Matt and I just started Bloodline this week.  Has anyone watched?  Seems a bit slow starting but still really liking it.

Have a great weekend!





16 comments:

Katie S. said...

Frances moon is a doll baby!! Bloodline is great. It does start slow but picks up and we binged the whole season in a Sunday! Ha!

Dina said...

TGIF is right, with K just starting for us too. I just found a huge beautiful pot at HG's $29! Bloodline is great but each episode is a bit slow and has a "strange" vibe to it, I'm on #6, my husband finished it and assured me it is awesome though. Ok this sounds ghetto but the Danskin line of workout clothes at Walmart fits so well, I love these 3/4 pants they carry, fun designs. Is her book good? Sometimes she can be way off base and sometimes I love her writing. Reading The Girl on the Train now, wow, I can't put it down, consumes nap time now!

Ally- Life as I know it said...

We loved Bloodline but it does get kind of slow in the middle. The ending is awesome though! Another great show to watch if you have Showtime is The Affair. The first season should be on demand and I think the second season is coming out soon. It's SO good!
Ally- Life as I know it

Emily Clark said...

Can you just decorate my whole house?! The dining room looks great!

katmcd said...

Your daughter is so adorable in her little Lilly shift. Hope you guys have a great weekend.

Unknown said...

I can barely believe Sterling is already starting Kindergarten, so glad he love his new school! I know that makes it easier on you Mama! And that little FM is just the cutest thing...they seriously grow way TOO fast!! Your dining room looks fabulous, Decorator's White is definitely one of my go to paint colors!

kate said...

LOVED Bloodline. Starts slow but builds and builds- stick with it:)

Unknown said...

We were so excited to watch Bloodlinf since it was filmed at the venue where we got married in Islamorada. Definitely starts slow but is really good! Can't wait for next season!

Unknown said...

Bloodline is the best show ever..... John Rayburn... SWOON... ! :)

graywolff said...

Bloodline will get your heart pumping!! Oh what a tangled web we weave-----------

Amy said...

Funny you mention the Target leggings -- I just found a couple of things at Target last night that reminded me of what I see on your blog. Search Embroidered Shift Dress - Xhilaration® in Jade -- I was surprised it was a juniors dress! The picture doesn't do it justice -- looks way more expensive in person than it is -- I loved the southwestern design and the embroidery looks good. Also, Mossimo Slim Jogger Olive Cheetah -- so cute and comfy! I have two starting kindergarten in a week, too!

Taylor said...

I love Jennifer Weiner! I had no idea she had a new book out I'm so glad you posted about it. Kip watched the entire season of Bloodline in no time - and he is not a big TV series person - he really liked it! Happy weekend :)

www.itsthelittlethingsblog.blogspot.com

Aja said...

We watched Bloodline bc it was set in FL where we live. It's super slow to me, but everyone says the end makes up for it. We'll keep plodding along I guess. I do love the location though. Feels like home :)

Abby said...

Those homemade zucchini fries look so great. I was actually gonna make something of the like tomorrow, and I cannot wait to see how they turn out!

And your little man is so adorable. Good luck on his first day in preschool!

xoxo,
Abby
www.thefrugalblogger.net

AMO said...

Loved Bloodline. My husband and I were slightly depressed when it was over. ;) your kiddos are adorable!!

Haley Marozas said...

Bloodline is AMAZING! It will freak you out and make you not want to watch at night. We are dying for the second season already!!