Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Crunchy Thai Salad + Spicy Peanut Dressing | Nordstrom Clearance Sale


I think by now you all know I love a good salad.  Salads are my favorite thing to make and eat.
This chopped Thai Salad is so darn good.  The crunchy veggies paired with the slightly spicy peanut butter dressing is such an amazing combo.  I came across the recipe on Pinterest and made w few changes.  Since the veggies are crunchy this salad will save in the fridge for a few days without getting soggy.  I do recommend not using all the dressing at once if you plan to save it. I ate this for lunch but if you wanted a heartier meal this would e great with some chicken or shrimp.  It is a great end of Summer salad and way to use up veggies in your fridge!
Enjoy!



|| C R U N C H Y  V E G E T A B L E  T H A I   S A L A D ||
adapted via Feasting at Home

-1/2 head purple cabbage shredded
- 1/2 head green or napa cabbage shredded ( you can also use the pre shredded bag kind)
- 1 red bell pepper julienned
- 1 yellow bell pepper julienned
- 1 cup snap peas, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber sliced
- fresh mint chopped
- fresh basil chopped
- roasted salted peanuts chopped

S P I C Y  P E A N U T  B U T T E R  D R E S S I N G ||

Juice of 1/2 orange
juice of one 1 lime
1/4 C honey ( or agave)
2 Garlic cloves
3 Thin sliced disks of Ginger peeled ( about 1 ½ T)
¼ C vegetable oil
1 T toasted sesame oil
1 T soy sauce
1 tsp sriracha
3-4 T  peanut butter


Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and puree.  
Pour over chopped veggies and toss.  Serve with chopped peanuts and extra chopped fresh mint and basil on top.
......................................................................................................

I wanted to mention the Nordstrom Clearance Sale started today.  Stuff goes fast so shop early!
Below are a few of my women's favorites.  I will round up kids, men and home favorites later this week.  
This dress and this dress I own and are great!
 





3 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't wait to try the salad! How do you compare lulu capris to the zella ones? I have read some reviews that they ride up around the calves

prince snow farm said...

That salad looks perfect! Cannot wait to try it.And I agree,adding chicken or shrimp could really make a hearty meal.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for reminding me of the sale!! I just ordered some goodies!! xo