Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Sririacha Roasted Cauliflower + Peanut Butter Sauce | Kate Spade Surprise Sale


With football season starting back I have had fun appetizers and snacks on my mind.  This beauty comes from a new cookbook I am kind of obsessed with, Thug Kitchen.  If don't have their cookbook, you can check out their tumblir here where they share some recipes.  All their recipes are vegetarian and always look amazing.

http://rstyle.me/n/ba6mjsgf5
 It has become my go to now that we are eating primarily meat free because their recipes are so creative and full of flavor.  This is kind of a spin on buffalo chicken but with cauliflower with an Asian Twist.  I absolutely loved the cauliflower, I could not stop eating it.  The flavors of the spicy cauliflower paired with the peanut butter sauce is amazing.

Frances Moon could not wait to dig in.    Surprisingly the kids loved this dish too- although please note they are spicy so beware if your kids don't like spicy foods. Both my kids seem to love spicy foods probably because Matt and I cook spicy things often.  If you want this dish more kid friendly I would only use the 1/3 hot sauce as opposed to 2/3.  The kids also loved dipping the cucumber in the peanut butter sauce.



|| S R I R I A C H A   R O A S T E D   C A U L I F L O W E R  +
P E A N U T  BU T T E R  S A U C E ||
Via Thug Life Cookbook

- 2 medium heads cauliflower ( I only used one)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup water

HOT SAUCE
- 2 teaspoons oil ( I used olive oil)
- 1/3 to 2/3 cups sriracha depending on how hot you want it ( I used 2/3)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce

PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 peanut butter + 2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon maple syrup

1 cucumber cut into sticks.

1) Heat oven to 450 degrees.  Grease a baking sheet or use parchment paper or foil to line.
Chop cauliflower into bite sized chunks

2) Whisk together the flour and water until there are no lumps.  Toss cauliflower with the flour water mixture and mix until all the pieces are coated.  Spread the cauliflower on baking sheet and roast 15 minutes.  Stir once about halfway through.

3) Make the hot sauce.  In a small pan mix oil, sririacha, vinegar and soy sauce.  Heat over low heat til warm.

4) Make peanut sauce. In a bowl whisk together peanut butter and water creamy and smooth.  Add in all other ingredients and stir til combined.  

5) After 15 minutes in the oven, dump the cauliflower back in a big bowl and toss with hot sauce mixture.  Make sure it all is coated.  Pour them back on the baking sheet and cook about 5 more minutes.

6) Serve hot or room temperature with sliced cucumber.


..........................................................................
The Kate Spade private sale started yesterday and it is filled with some great buys.  Most items are 75% off.  If you need a purse now is the time to buy one.  I am talking $600 purses for like $130.
Scroll through to see my favorites.  I have this one and this one sitting in my cart.
You can check out the whole sale HERE.








1 comment:

Anna Kate said...

Just happened to have the ingredients on hand so I made this last night and it was delicious! And so easy! Thanks Natalie. I have also really enjoyed your salad recipes, please keep them coming!