Monday, April 4, 2016

Scenes From Our Weekend

Happy first week of April!  

This may be one of my favorite pictures of Frances I have taken. She looks so sweet and she takes that little dog with her everywhere!  I think we may have to get the kids a small dog one day, they love them.
Sushi from Sushi Guru while I am in Charlotte is always a must.  We had this to celebrate my sister's birthday.  Our birthdays are exactly one week apart. I especially love their jalapeño roll.

This blouse was one of my favorite buys in Charlotte!
It also comes in a dress version that I am tempted to get!

Shark teeth hunting at the yacht club.
Sterling found quite a few.  He seriously has talent for finding sharks teeth.

Saturday we hit up the gym and grocery store since we had been gone all week.  I could not stop laughing about Frances getting down with the free samples.  She just wanted to lick all the cheese off.
Dreaming of vacation and hoping to pack a few of these for my trip to Dallas this weekend.
My sister gave me the cover-up pictured above for my Birthday and I love it.  It is so soft and under $100.  It comes in so many fun colors too.  



Sunday we did brunch at The Variety Shop and then hit up Lowes for some plants to spruce up our patio. We love to stroll the marina after breakfast and look at the beautiful boats and scenery.  Sterling did have shoes he just kept taking them off- he is very hard headed:)
Outfit Details
I have been living in this stripe tank top and it has the cutest cross back.  

I was so excited because Lowes had some great cactus plants.  They are the one plant I can actually keep alive.  Plus I love the desert vibe.
Sunday night we grilled out and I made the most delicious salad.  I found the recipe in Chrissy Teigan's cookbook Cravings and changed it slightly.   Adding the crispy prosciutto and arugula to a Caprese salad takes it to a whole new level!
Caprese Salad with Crispy Prosciutto
Sleep Stalking.  I am going to be sad when we move her to a big girl bed later this year- sniff, sniff.

Have a great Monday!






5 comments:

R's Rue said...

Have a blessed one.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Julie said...

When we go to Costco and they have their free samples galore, our little one constantly says "bite, bite, more, more"

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Looks like a great weekend...I love that you and your sister get to celebrate your birthdays together. I am recreating that caprese salad stat!

Kerry said...

I love your bag! I went to the link to order one but don't see the same color way on the stripes and monogram. Was that a special color order? Also, can you please start a feed on where you buy Frances' clothing? I swear she is the best dressed toddler ever! I have a 2.5 year old daughter and have clothing envy every day I look at your blog! ha

Chelsea said...

I love your top so cute!